Aussie Prospects Girls Basketball Academy
Developing the Players of the Future
The Aussie Prospects Development Academy provides a proactive and supportive environment where players will be provided the greatest opportunities to enhance their skill sets and learn how to apply those skills within game settings.
With small groups at each session, the level of teaching and feedback will provide each athlete the chance to rapidly grow their game.
The APA Sessions aim to develop age and positional appropriate skills with a focus on the following:
- Ball handling & scoring off the dribble (with defence)
- Creating space and getting to the basket
- Game speed shooting & perimeter shooting
- Low & High Post Moves / Inside Paint Footwork
- Shooting Mechanics
- Rebounding techniques
- 1×1 & team defensive strategies
- Transition offence & defence
- Offensive & defensive footwork
- Strength/Conditioning and Speed